Thursday, February 01, 2007

'Novelty' Writing - Day 1


Well today is the first day of my journey into 'write a novel in a month' with BBC Scotland. (Thank you Kim for your suggestion.) I am supposed to write 1000 words a day... ha, that doesn't sound much... does it? Thank fully they have chosen the shortest month of the year, how awfully nice of them. I am not sure how far I will get or how long my fingers are going to be after all of this typing but what the heck you have to just take a leap into the dark sometimes.
Word count today = urm that would be zero so far ;0{
18.14pm updated word count = 1068

9 at confession:

stinkypaw said...

Good luck with that! I think that 1000 words/day could be a lot if one is uninspired... but that would be you! So keep on typing!

St8rk said...

Good for you! I'm sure you can do it if this blog is anything to go by.

Arthur Clewley said...

I don't mind if you use me as the model for your dashing and charming romantic hero in the novel jude, as long as I get a share of the film rights, hmm, I thinking Jude Law to play me..good luck with it and who knows what will happen once you get those writing juices going..

Anonymous said...

That's quite a punchy sum. I, after all, can only manage 100.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all, anyway ...

Unknown said...

You can do it! Remember they don't need to be particularly good words, you can always go back and rewrite once February is over. The important thing is to get them down.

One thing I picked up when I did the NaNoWriMo, try to get ahead at the beginning. Aim for more than 1000 words a day during the first week or two. That way, if you do run out of steam you wont fall behind, plus, it boosts your confidence to see your word count above the level it needs to be.

St Jude said...

Stinkypaw: I'll do my best.

St8rk: Thank you for the compliment.

Arthur: Of course you can be my dashing hero anytime.

100 Words: Nice to hear from you. It's a challenge but that's what I need at the moment.

Kate: Thanks for the advice, I think you are right, maybe a bit of stockpiling is the way to go. I normally edit as I go so this really is a challenge for me.

Attila the Mom said...

Good luck. You can do it!!

xoxo

Kim Ayres said...

Best of fortune with the writing.

I debated long and hard with myself whether to do it or not - the main problem being that I've been in a low for several weeks now which has sapped motivation and enthusiasm.

However, I have decided to revisit a book I started on and see if i can do something more with that every day. 1000 words would be good, but even a 300 word dialogue will be acceptable. I'm not going to beat myself up for shortfalls, but I am going to try and do something, which hopefully will accumulate.

I look forward to reading how you find the experience :)

 
A Tykes Progress. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino