Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Little Oddities!

Well this post is a little overdue. I was recently tagged by Mamma, I am supposed to tell you five 'slightly odd' things about myself. Obviously this has taken a great deal of thought, as being a Saint I am of course perfection personified... oh alright then, yes I know I am a rather worldly Saint so there may just be a few minor blemishes.


  1. When texting from my mobile I have to use correct spelling and grammar. Likewise when receiving a text it makes me cringe when the sender doesn't do the same.
  2. My wardrobe and my shoe cupboard have to be colour co-ordinated. Yes I do have a slight thing about shoes, in fact I could probably give Imelda Marcos a run for her money... in the correctly colour co-ordinated trainers of course.
  3. I have creaky knees, no really they creak very loudly when I walk up and down stairs. I went to the Doctors about it, he reassured me that there was nothing to worry about, they were just noisy knees and gave me the technical name for the condition. I saw JT a little later and being a nurse she enquired what the diagnosis was, I cheerfully informed her that I had 'cretinous' knees. After she had recovered from her fit of laughter she informed me it was actually crepitous!!
  4. I have a small birth mark on my back, my son and daughter have identical birthmarks in exactly the same place. (No they are not numbers!)
  5. I may not swear or curse, but I do growl. Hmm, when I am miffed I growl and whoa betide anyone who does not heed the sign. Fortunately I have never had to resort to biting anyone yet ;0}

So there you have it, five slightly odd things about me, who would have thought it eh! Now at this point I am supposed to tag five other people, so I tag, Kate, she's always game for a laugh, 100 words, purely because it's the devil in me and I can't wait to see how he's going to do this in a century, Stinkypaw, because we like her, Marymurtz, so that when she runs out of something to say she'll have another meme in the wings, and finally Dorky Dad.

6 at confession:

Kim Ayres said...

It's an odd thing that I'm pretty laid back when it comes to other people using bad spelling and grammar, but like you I have to make sure my texts have all the capitals in the right place and that I've used the correct punctuation.

stinkypaw said...

Thank you for sharing and for thinking of me, but I'm running out of odd things.

I did this in December, have a look in my archives "six-weird-things-me"

Amie Adams said...

Thanks for playing! It really is intimidating to be in the company of someone so perfect!!

I can't seem to access Marymurtz or Stinkypaw. Hmmmm.

Mary said...

Marymurtz is here: www.marymurtz.blogspot.com

Chris Pittock said...

I have to agree with you on the text message front. What I hate is all the abreviations people use. We have a beautiful language, lets use it correctly.

However, I'm the first to admit that my 'spooling' is 'apealing'. I always have a dictionary handy.

Attila the Mom said...

I love this list! I know someone who has creaky knees as well! LOL

 
A Tykes Progress. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino