Monday, July 24, 2006

He, He, He...


As I have been working today, her ladyship was appointed honorary shopping chaperone to Mrs Beeton in my absence. I have received three phone calls so far.

Call number one;
"Mum, where's the pomegranate juice kept?"

"Urm, aisle two I think sweetie, who's that for, it's not on my list, and Grandma doesn't drink it does she?"

"No, an old guy just asked me where it was. Thanks. Bye."

Call number two;

"Mum, mum she's got the trolley, I'm sorry she just took it while I wasn't looking. Gran, GRAN, don't..!" Click.

Call number three;

"Ok, if you ever offer my services again, I'll put myself up for adoption or I'll call childline."

"Oh come on sweetie, just remember you are your mother's daughter, and by the way, nobody wants to adopt 22 year olds they're too expensive, and I don't think childline will be interested either."

"It's no joke mum, do you know what she did to me?"

Stiffling the urge to giggle, "No, what?"

"Are you laughing at me?"

"No, no darling I would never,"

"She made me hold her hand when we were crossing the road,"

Excuse me while I go and pour myself another tall cool drink... it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. ;0)

21 at confession:

Chris Pittock said...

Nicely side-stepped and very sneaky. I thought you were a saint?

Regards.
Chris.

The Quacks of Life said...

a saint? more like a sinner!!

Kim Ayres said...

Great way to learn respect for your elders... :)

Meg said...

Oh wow! I love your new template! It's gorgeous! Looks like I've missed out on a lot! I have some serious reading to do.

Cherrypie said...

Fabulous!

ditzymoi said...

ohhhh st jude that was very very devilish of you *giggles* good going

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that the store even let then in after the last trip. Nicely delegated St Jude.

Pendullum said...

Don't you ned a license to operate a trolley??? Or you should...


That was priceless...

Unknown said...

Nice job of delegation :-) Enjoy your drink!

Nikki said...

Your halo is looking rather tarnished lately (snicker)

The Poodle's Friend said...

See, it's worth having children just for this!

Call number one is hilarious, btw. As are numbers 2 and 3.

Kevin Charnas said...

LOVED #2. made me burst out laughing.

Ally said...

#3 was my favourite :).

Phil said...

Remind your daughter to suck it up, that we all had to do it, and she'll be busy dumping you on her children in just a few more years.

mollymcmo said...

LMAO!!!

m

Attila the Mom said...

::snicker snicker::

stinkypaw said...

Mrs Beeton reads like a handful and then some! Quite sneaky of you to delegate like that, but remember "be nice to your children, they'll eventually choose your retirement home!" - That's what I keep telling my mother!

Kim Ayres said...

Long time, no post. Everything OK or have you disappeared on holiday without teelling anyone?

Attila the Mom said...

What Kim said!

Nikki said...

Echoing Kim and Attila.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! :-D

/Matt

 
A Tykes Progress. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino